Good news! Winter 2018 is gradually making its long overdue exit. This is despite Punxsutawney Phil’s ominous prediction of extended cold weather through the early part of the year. Regardless of whether cold weather continues or not, now is the perfect time to think about revitalizing your home for the spring. Now is the time to cast away the old and to make room for that new Marcel Breuer chair. If you want to make your home and life more stylish, functional and organized, follow these six steps to getting your home ready for the spring of 2018.
- De-clutter: Most of us, if we are honest with ourselves, can find many items around the home that can be gotten rid of. Take a good, long look around the home for items that can be disposed of such as old computer, old clothes, old product boxes, holiday decorations etc. Consider donating these items to charity. If you are having trouble detaching yourself from some of these items, think about all the new things you can put in the place like that new Mies van der Rohe Barcelona
- Refresh your bedding: Brighten your bedroom with a new comforter, pillow cases, etc. Try a different color scheme to further shake things up.
- Add more green: Freshen up your home with live plants. Philodendrons and rubber tree plants in particular are easy and low-maintenance.
- Add more color: Try colorful accessories like vases, books, etc., to brighten up your home in minutes.
- Try new wallpaper: A simple way to add texture and color to your home is through the use or wallpaper. You can make any room in your home pop with just the right patterns and colors all spring-themed of course.
- Repaint Furniture: Take an old, worn piece of furniture and instead of throwing it away, revitalize it by painting it with a glossy crème. This can also be done with outdated cupboard doors and cabinet frames.
Forget that bleak little rodent. Punxsutawney Phil’s ominous prediction of extended cold weather through the early part of the year may have some of use spooked but we encourage you to go right along with your plans to get your home ready for spring. Cold weather notwithstanding, we are sure you will find inspiration on our site.