Whether you plan to purchase your next (or first) chaise lounge for outdoor use or whether you have a perfect spot set aside in your living room, few items are as functionally luxurious as this elegant piece of furniture. Not quite a chair or a couch, chaise lounges come in a variety of styles and materials and offer its owners a chance to be laid-back without lying down. That is why choosing one is a challenge, especially for first time buyers. So, whether you choose a Le Corbusier chaise lounge or an Isa Chaise by Giovannetti or one of our other chaises, we would like to offer you a few tips for how you can choose the perfect chaise lounge to suit your needs and decor.
- Know how much space you have: Chaise lounges can come in a variety of sizes, therefore before you purchase one be sure to measure the space you have.
- Determine where you will place your lounge: Will you be placing your chaise indoors or outdoors. You will want to use a relatively sturdy material for your chaise should you decide to place it poolside, on your patio, etc.
- Assess your color scheme: Like any other piece of furniture, make sure your chaise complements your other items in your home.
- Decide on your material: Material will determine how comfortable your chaise is as well as how long it will last.
- Determine the style: Are you partial to a particular design style such as Modern Classic or are you an admirer of a particular designer such as Marcel Breuer and his Cesca chair? We have many different styles and designers to accommodate all tastes.
- Consider the height: How tall your chaise is will greatly determine how comfortable it is. If you are a taller person you may wish to buy a chaise that is greater in height, etc.
- Consider your budget: Chaise lounges come in a wide variety of prices. Before you choose a chaise, determine what you are willing to invest in one.
- Consider its maintenance: Some materials are harder to maintain and clean than others. Choose a material that will be easy to clean and maintain to lengthen the life of your chaise.
In short, there are many considerations involved in buying a chaise. In choosing one wisely you are investing in years of elegant relaxation and style.