There is no better way to remind us of our connection with nature than by using houseplants in decorating our homes. Houseplants add vibrancy, color and a spark of life to our homes in a way that few other items can. Moreover, many of the furnishings we sell at Bauhaus2YourHouse were designed by artists whose main goals were to incorporate a naturalistic look to their pieces. So whether you want to contrast a modernistic piece such as a Mies van der Rohe Barcelona table, Cesca chair or other piece against a beautiful blossoming plant or you wish to make a small indoor garden the center of attention in your home, a bit of nature can always be added to your home. Here are some creative ways to incorporate houseplants in your home décor.
- Corner space: Decorate corner shelves with houseplants. This makes a lovely addition to your home without taking up too much space.
- Hanging plants: Try brightening the window areas and kitchen by hanging ferns and other plants. You can be even more creative in the materials you use to suspend the plants. You can use colorful ribbons, macramé, etc.
- Go Tall: If you have a vaulted ceiling, why not consider adding a potted tree to the inside of your home?
- Window ledge: Take advantage of this underutilized space by adding a potted herbs plant to your window ledge. Here they are sure to get plenty of sunlight.
- Vertical gardens: In the past few years the vertical garden market has experienced a boom as apartment dwellers in particular find them attractive, practical and easy to maintain. They are an ingenious way of bringing a bit of the outdoors into your home.
- Plant Chandelier: Add a sense of whimsy to your home décor by adding a plant chandelier above your dining room.
· Design with moss: Who says that only flowering plants can be used in home décor? Moss is relatively easy to maintain and can be placed in locations as diverse as the kitchen table or a bookshelf.
· Bonsai: Make your home evocative of a miniature forest by using these beautiful plant/trees.
Yes, indoor plants are used in home décor by all major interior designers because nature is a part of who we are as people. We are connected to the outdoors even though we surround ourselves with glass, steel, brick and concrete. Bauhaus2YourHouse gives you access to the work of artists who cherished and appreciated this part of human nature.