When it comes to decorating a home what can be more challenging that choosing which types of chairs to buy? Chairs are, after all, ubiquitous and come in many styles and designs yet they must always be accessible, comfortable and functional. In seeking to fulfill all these features, home designers can’t go wrong by using time honored modern classic furniture as a starting point. At Bauhaus2YourHouse we feel that well informed consumers are likelier to be satisfied consumers as well. Some of the many types of modern classic chairs include:
- Egg Chair – Designed in 1958 by Arne Jacobsen, the egg chair lets the user sit upright due to its high curved back. It is frequently placed in lofts.
- Swan Chair – Conceived of by Arne Jacobsen in 1958 is defined by its quasi-retro design.
- Diamond Chair – Made in the 1950s by Bertoia, is defined by its welded metal back and sometimes cushioned seat.
- La Chaise Chair– Typically placed in pool areas or other living spaces, this chair offers the ultimate in comfort as one can sit or “lounge” with ease.
- Ball Chair – Conceptualized in 1963 by Eero Aarnio, this chair gives the occupant a womblike level of comfort with its simple, circular design.
- Bubble Chair – Eero Aarnio’s bubble chair takes the ball chair design to the next level by giving one the sense of being suspended.
Yes, when it comes to home décor, there is no piece of furniture that is as visible as chairs. They can be ornate, or simple, retro or futuristic but they must always be functional and by using modern classic furniture as a design starting part they can be all of the above.