The subject of Feng Shui is complicated but it all boils down to maximizing one’s living space in order to achieve good chi, energy, and the efficient use of space. These principles are important in ensuring the health, wealth and happiness of those who will be inhabiting those spaces. This is done by purposefully arranging your furnishing and other objects in your home with Feng Shui’s five elements in mind – wood, fire, earth, metal and water. When it comes to the centerpiece of any home – the living room – creating good Feng Shui is especially important. The living room is the gateway to your home and it is where visitors and family enter first. Here are tips for applying the principle of Feng Shui to your living room.
- A living room should be located in a room that has two outside walls or more. This allows the chi to enter the room and circulate without becoming stagnant.
- Place either a square or rectangular-shaped table – such as an Ozzio coffee table – in the living room for good luck.
- Add furnishings and accessories that incorporate the five elements of wood, fire, earth, metal and water.
- Add an aquarium to the north side of your living room.
- Place items like candles, wood furniture and other wooden décor objects on the south side of your living room.
- In the east, place book shelves, lamps, etc.
- In the west, place metal décor items.
- For the northeast and southwest parts of the living room use the colors mustard, clay, brown and tan.
Also, avoid putting windows behind the main sofa.
- Don’t place mirrors on south or west facing walls.
- Avoid hanging pictures that depict negative actions or emotions such as war, crime or loneliness.
- Never place a sofa under a beam. This can cause the owner future medical difficulties.
There is much more to Feng Shui that can be found all over the Internet including from this site. At Bauhaus2YourHouse we have many items, like our Saarinen tulip table, that incorporate at least one of the five elements of Feng Shui. So, if you wish to harmonically design your home in keeping with the principles of Feng Shui, consider seeking out more information about this fascinating subject.